A special thank you to the Reid-Thompson Public Library in Humboldt, Saskatchewan. We all had a lovely time reading to the children and look forward to doing it again. Last but not least, a thank you to the Humboldt and District Kinettes for sponsoring me for the TD Canada Trust Summer Reading Program.
It's that time of year again. School is starting and so much more! Sorry I haven't blogged updates here in a bit but we've been rushing to get back into our house. Some things have been moving far faster then we planned. We are hoping for everything to slow down after next month and for us all to be settled in. In the meantime, here are some updates now & some to expect over the next month or so for all 3 websites: Now:
I have finally managed to fix those pictures on Freckles' website.
2. School Visits in Your Area
I've already posted which areas we will be looking at visiting. The school proposals will explain more but it is free even if we have visited your school before. Feel free to contact us for more information. The areas include:
3. Erika-Elizabeth's Blog
As many know, Erika-Elizabeth is my daughter. She does the crafts for the books & video records them for children to do with her. She also does book reviews for me in her spare time (book reviews are on hold until we can get her computer down here). She has finally posted a second post and will continue to do so as the week progresses. Erika-Elizabeth has also co-authored Freckles' book # 6. Find her blog on Freckles' website & her review's on mine.
4. E-Book Sales
We currently have most books down for sale at $2.99 USD. Check them out on Barnes & Noble or Apple/Itunes.
5. Book Reviews
We have some new book reviews up for each series. Be sure to check out Sherlock's 1st book's review as well as Freckles' 4th & 5th books. You can find the reviews from here:
Expect new photos to be up & posted over the next while on the websites.
2. School Proposals
I still need to update proposals for both series' for the schools before I contact them again this year. You will be able to find them on both websites soon.
3. Freckles Book # 6 Pre-Order Special
A pre-order special for Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 6: The Freckle Monster, is being put together as we speak. This is the bullying book I have been talking about. The release date has yet to be decided but it will be out before Christmas.
4. Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 6: The Freckle Monster Preview & Trailer
We will be working on the trailer and preview for the upcoming book very soon so keep an eye out on the website & Youtube channel.
5. Freckles Bundle Deal
A special bundle deal where you can buy a few books at a special price will be coming soon!
This is just some of what is to come!
We began helping rescue animals at first by donating $1/book to the Humboldt & Disctrict SPCA. We've donated books and packages as well as started placing the animals into books. Sherlock's write list all of the great reasons to adopt but this just doesn't seem like enough when trying to help animals. We are now also going to be posting events for these groups that we will be working with, whether they are in every book or just one.
Also, as all of the books mention, please read the Createspace page to find out who we are donating to. For some time we've donated sales through those links to the Humboldt & District SPCA and while it hasn't been much (most people don't use those links), it was some. Now we are beginning new things with the books. Kimberly from Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary had planned to tell everyone about Rilo and Ranger being part of this book. Help with sales is always appreciated big or small but we feel that it wouldn't be fair to her or the ducks if we didn't donate $1/book to her group for awhile.
We would very much like to give everyone a chance so if any Humboldt & District supporters do wish to have their' $1/book donated, they just need to email me and let me know on either the Facebook page or from the website. Decisions like this are never easy but they have to be made.
$1/Book sold through Createspace will be donated to Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary as of immediately. *Book pertaining to any Freckles the Bunny Series or Sherlock the Remarkable Cat Series book sold through Createspace links.
To learn more about Createspace sales, please visit our page or their website.
Very excited to announce that I will be at Regina Fan Expo on Sunday, May 4th, 2014 from 1 - 4PM. You can find me at the Saskatchewan Writers Guild's booth! Follow the link below for details on the main event, location, cost and hours.
I was not expecting to attend and have been spending much needed time on catching up on work so I have limited books. I will be taking pre-orders though and selling what I do have. Come early!
Unfortunately, neither Freckles nor Sherlock will be able to attend. I hope to see you there and a very big thank you to the Saskatchewan Writers Guild for having us!
Wow do you miss a lot when you are sick! I just realized that I missed stuff that I should have posted about. Here they are:
1. A photo of the new book cover. See the left picture.
2. We are sad to announce that Willy's Happy Endings will not be in Freckles book # 5 as they were really busy and unable to complete the forms in time. We hope they will be able to join us in another upcoming book!
3. Plenty of Freckles news but you will need to see her website!
4. A brief synopsis is up for Sherlock's book # 2. I am holding off on the rescue book for a short while as I need more ideas and time to research. In the meantime, you can read about the next one (subject to change). There is currently no date set for this book as of yet.
5. ISBN's and morals have been added to the book listings to give those interested in the books a better idea on what to expect from each one.
6. There is a review up for Sherlock's book. The review links are also with the book listings now for easy access.
7. I can't remember but I think I had troubles with the flip book preview. It is available now as are the first two chapters still. Be sure to check them out if you are interested!
That is all for the news for a short bit. I am currently trying to catch up on Freckles' 5th book which is overdue because I was so sick. Once that is done and I have these formatted for Smashwords, I will be working on Sherlock's next book so stay tuned!
We hope you have a purrfect Valentine's Day!
Just a small bit of Freckles news that we wish to share:
We are pleased to announce two more organizations joining us with the new Freckles book. We hope to help them find their animals loving homes! You can find the following in Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 5: Freckles and the Cost of Popularity:
Be sure to keep an eye out on Freckles' website because we will slowly be adding illustrated characters for these animals!http://www.freckles-the-bunny-series.ca/adoptable-animals-and-rescue-links.html
You can also find their photos in the Rescue album on our Facebook fan pages! Keep an eye out as Anastasia creates her wonderful idea!
I mentioned around a week ago that we were very pleased to be working with Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary on finding homes for their animals. Here is a photo of Rilo and Ranger, two ducks who will be featured in Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 5: Freckles and the Cost of Popularity.
Rilo and Ranger are not only going to have their photo in this next Freckles book but will be drawn in as well! Anastasia has already done a wonderful job with their cuteness!
Here are some other places that you can find Rilo and Ranger:
1. On our Freckles the Bunny Series website under Pets and Rescues, then under Rescue Links.
2. Pinterest (Freckles and Sherlock's accounts)
3. In the album entitled, "Rescue Animals in Books" in each of the fan pages.
Vickianne Caswell, author
Freckles the Bunny Series
Sherlock the Remarkable Cat Series
4. Click on the photo to go directly to their adoption page!
We hope these two handsome ducks find forever homes together!
A special thanks to Majestic Waterfowl for going over some of our ducky facts and for providing us with some information for Sherlock's next book! Be sure to check out their website for useful waterfowl information including books!
Lastly, I am going to be slowly cutting out the info I am putting out on both pages. If you aren't a fan of Sherlock's fan page, you will begin to miss out on his updates and vice versa. Each page has it's own fan base, series, website and fan page. Please be sure to check them out as I don't want to bombard everyone with posts by doing both on each site/fan page. Thanks!
Book 1 Update and Problems
We had some issues with pages being missing in the book. It is currently unavailable for purchase. Unfortunately, so are my copies until new ones come in. You can still pre-order though! I am now having troubles with Createspaces upload system which apparently doesn't like the series title inside the first page cover. This is being worked out and it will all hopefully be online soon. I will be sure to let you know! I will be sure to update you on the status though they've told me it could be a few business days.
Sherlock Contest Winner
The contest date has come to a close! The winner of a free copy of Sherlock's book is found on the Facebook fan page. Congratulations! I will be sending you out a signed copy as soon as I get the new ones in.
Rescues and the Books
Lastly, we are pleased to have the help of some rescues that are willing to share their knowledge with me for researching the next book. A special thanks goes out to:
Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary and Berkshire Reptile Rescue!
Freckles the Bunny Series and Rescues
Freckles the Bunny Series is about to place two of Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary's adoptables into the next book! This idea is courtesy of Anastasia Drogaitseva, my wonderful illustrator! We are also working on book 5 now. We have some pets in there (Pets in Books - see Freckles' website for details under the sales page) and a few rescued animals. Keep an eye out for a preview over the next month.
I am working on putting together some Sherlock merchandise so keep an eye out!
A Message from Sherlock
I have a bit of news today! Here it all is:
1. Sherlock's book is available online and can be found on Amazon.com. If you wish to have your $1/book donated to the Humboldt & District SPCA, you need to buy from our CreateSpace link: https://www.createspace.com/4469228
2. We have a contest to win a free book! Deadline is January 23, 2014. You can enter to win by going to our Facebook fan page. Read and share the post that is pinned to the top and don't forget to click like! This book will be signed by Sherlock himself and the author.
3. A flip book of the first two chapters can now be viewed. You can find it on Sherlock's website, on the "Books and Previews" page.
4. I am now taking pre-orders for the books. You can buy them online under the sales page ("signed books"). I take Paypal, Money Orders and Certified Checks. Money orders and certified checks need a full total to include the S&H. All books through the website are signed by the author and Sherlock. Special signing requests can be made as well.
Did you know?
1. Vickianne donates $1/book from all of her books when they are purchased from the Createspace links.
2. Sherlock, Kato and Charlie were all adopted from the Humboldt & District SPCA.
3. Freckles the Bunny Series books bought through the author are also signed by the real Freckles!
Website Designed by 4 Paws Games and Publishing